Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Oscar Snacks & Predictions

For as long as I can remember, my friends Kyle and Julie have been watching the Oscars together even though we live hundreds of miles apart. This would be the first year in awhile we won't be able to- I blame many things, but mostly my busy work schedule. But we're definitely keeping another one of our mini-traditions going, getting snacks themed after the Best Picture nominees. Who can forget the goodness that was Frosty Flakes cereal ('Frost/Nixon') with Milk ('Milk') or the shrimp cocktail ('District 9') with some Taco Bell ('The Blind Side')?

So we've distributed our nominees to year and I've been assigned 'Black Swan', 'The Fighter' and 'Winter's Bone'. Here's what I came up with:

blackswanapp
Black and white cookies for our black and white swan.

fighterapp
A shot of Irish Monkey for our Irish Mickey.

wintersboneapp
A pile of wither chicken bones for our Winter's Bone. A huge stretch.

As for my Oscar predictions. I'm confident in all these except for Best Picture. I'm going with 'The King's Speech' for now but I'm feeling less and less secure about that with every moment. There could be a last minute switch to 'The Social Network' on my part:

Best Picture: The King's Speech
Best Director: David Fincher, The Social Network
Best Lead Actor: Colin Firth, The King's Speech
Best Lead Actress: Natalie Portman, Black Swan
Best Supporting Actor: Christian Bale, The Fighter
Best Supporting Actress: Melissa Leo, The Fighter
Best Adapted Screenplay: The Social Network
Best Original Screenplay: The King's Speech
Best Cinematography: True Grit
Best Film Editing: The Social Network
Best Animated Feature: Toy Story 3
Best Foreign Language Film: Denmark
Best Documentary Feature: Inside Job
Best Art Direction: The King's Speech
Best Costume Design: The King's Speech
Best Make-Up Design: The Wolfman
Best Visual Effects: Inception
Best Sound Mixing: Inception
Best Sound Editing: Inception
Best Original Score: The Social Network
Best Original Song: 127 Hours
Best Short Live Action Film: Na Wewe
Best Short Animated Film: Madagascar, A Journey Diary
Best Short Documentary: Strangers No More

IMG_4730
Happy Feasting!

No comments: