Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My TIFF Experience


DSC03884

I don't know why I don't attend these things more often, but I seem like enjoy most of the film festivals I have attended in my life. Perhaps it's because I know that I'm in the company of fellow film enthusiasts who are just as excited to see what the top filmmakers of the world have to offer. Whatever the reason is, the result is the same- people are just giddy to be there.

I had the chance to travel up north to Toronto a couple of the weekends ago to check out a few flicks with longtime buddy Eric and short time buddy Jordan. It wasn't until then that I realized how great of a town Toronto really is. It's clean, people are friendly and everything is easily accessible.

So what exactly did I see? The studio release of 'The Informant!' with Matt Damon and 'Fish Tank', a BBC funded grit drama. And even if the genre of the two films couldn't be anymore different, the mere experience of watching them in a great environment resulted in the same bliss.

How's that for an ambiguous film review?


No comments: