Thursday, July 2, 2009

My Emmy Screeners


dvdscreeners

Thanks to a buddy who's a voter for Daytime Emmys and understands my obsession with award shows, I was given screener discs of the shows nominated this year for Best Daytime Drama Series, more commonly known as soap operas, and told cast his vote for him in this category. Though my foray with soaps are limited to an on-and-off stint with 'Days of Our Lives' a decade ago, the feel the dying medium is a precious part of American television history.

So here I am, sitting with the discs for an episode of 'All My Children', 'The Bold and the Beautiful' and 'Days of Our Lives', ready to see how far this genre has changed since I last encountered them. To my surprise, I'm also kind of excited to see if I recognize any of the characters (Austin, Carrie & Sami) that invaded my television during the summer of 1998.


No comments: