Sunday, November 16, 2008

My Proposition 8 Protest Photo Blog


I was fortunate and proud to show my support (along with roomie Carl and buddy Vanessa) for those opposing Proposition 8 yesterday at City Hall. Here's my photo entry.

IMG_0616

We were greeted with chants of malcontent once we got off the subway stop.

IMG_0615

The crowd actually gathered a little further down from City Hall.

IMG_0612

There was an apparent 4,000 (?) people at the peaceful protest.

IMG_0613

Best thing about protests?  The homemade signs. The one above was my personal favorite. Another one we saw was a straight couple across the street with the wife's saying "Every man deserves a husband like mine." and the husband's saying "Every woman deserves a wife like mine." They were showered with "awwwws".

IMG_0622

After the rally, sign owners "donated" their art to City Hall.

No comments: