Monday, June 8, 2009

My Tonys Recap




Best Tony host I've seen since Hugh Jackman, Neil Patrick Harris (and his pleather suit) rocked throughout the evening with comedic quips, timing gags and a rockin' solo closing number to boot. The story though has to be the 10-minute opening montage of some of this past season's productions highlighted by the finale of 'Let The Sun Shine' collaboration with just about everybody ranging from Elton John to Dolly Parton, Liza Minnelli to the cast of 'West Side Story'. The lowlight besides the Bret Michaels literal headbanging moment? The constant microphone issues... 

As for the ceremony itself, 'Next To Normal' continues to track curiosity from both Broadway enthusiasts and casual viewers alike, while Billy didn't need one word (but oodles of footsteps) to bring down the house. I had a personal best of 12 for 16 this year... I definitely need to go catch up more so than I have already.




No comments: