- "The Hurt Locker" managed to tie "Avatar" for nomination total. A combination of some surprise nods for the former (Original Score) and some omissions for the latter (Original Screenplay) got the two frontrunners to tie in the tally.
- "Inglourious Basterds" is not too far behind with eight. Good for them, but the omission for Art Direction and Costume Design were a little puzzling.
- LOVED the Original Song nod for "Paris 36" and of course, the well-deserved Cinematography nod for "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince".
- "The Blind Side" got a Best Picture nod. Has this 10 Best Picture nominee experience backfire yet? Not sure, because worthy films that normally wouldn't get in due to lack of media buzz got the prestige of being titled a Best Picture nominee ("An Education" & "Up").
- Speaking of which, "Up" now gets the distinction for being the second animated feature ever to be in the Best Picture consideration. Another animated feature "The Secret of Kells" surprises everyone for showing up on the short list for Animated Feature.
Well, I'll digest this for the next month until I go to Tallaheehaw for Oscar Weekend '10! Those Best Picture themed appetizers sure get harder every year...