Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Brooklyn Nets


atlantic yards
current image of the Atlantic Yards

So things are finally cleared for Bruce Ratner to go ahead with his much delayed Atlantic Yards project that would bring the current New Jersey Nets to Brooklyn. The heavily debated project will no doubt send a herd of traffic to downtown Brooklyn, which is already a little more crowded than it needs to be with BAM, Atlantic Terminal Mall & countless amount of dodgy, hipster bars on the other side of Atlantic Avenue. 

I'm still split on rather or not bringing some traffic to Brooklyn (given, it's northern Brooklyn) is a good thing. Brooklyn is slowly becoming more and more like Manhattan with each calendar year and while I adore all the beneficial factors that come along with it, I'm just not sure if I'm prepared for all the damage it's going to bring as well. One thing is for certain though, I am kinda excited to see my borough to have its own professional sports team- even if it's basketball. (ESPN)

No comments: