Monday, May 18, 2009

My Yankee Creampies


damonx

The Yankees seem to be having fun these days- something new for a club whose mentally of 'business first' has carried them into playoff contention for over a decade. With the last three victories coming from walk-off at bats, and four(!) players receiving the whipping cream pies to the face, something I've never witness for the Yankee clubhouse, there's this looser sense and atmosphere even a fan watching can pick up on. Winning also helps.

Yes, the hiring of Joe Girardi is still in question, but one thing is for sure- he's slowly shredding the "seriousness" in the clubhouse to somewhat positive effect. Adding youngbloods such as Joba Chamberlain, Phil Hughes and a growing favorite of mine- Brett Gardner, into the mix helped just like the addition of younger players usually do. 

I hope this "funner" atmosphere translates tonight when I go to my first game at the new Yankee Stadium tonight. I would LOVE to see a fourth consecutive walk-off another creampie from resident joker AJ Burnett. 

No comments: