Saturday, May 9, 2009

My Hong Kong Disney Adventures


One of the two places I wanted to visit during my stay in Hong Kong was the spankin' new Disneyland Theme Park. While there are A LOT of criticism surrounding the lack of entertainment value from locals, I couldn't help but get caught up in the nostalgia of it all. As soon as the 'A Whole New World' played through the speakers, it was as if I was transformed back to my childhood. Blame the magic of Disney.

IMG_0952
The very spacious entrance to the park.

IMG_0961
The railroad staple to every Disney park.

IMG_0994
'The Lion King' done to Broadway-esque perfection AND in under 30 minutes!

IMG_0012
Highlight: 'The Golden Mickeys' combine my love of award shows and live theatre from various Disney musicals.

IMG_0996
Apparently, it's Sleepy Beauty's castle that lies in Hong Kong, not Cinderella's.

IMG_0004
First "ride"- Dumbo.

IMG_0021
I'm actually going a lot slower than this picture might indicate.

IMG_0031
The park even has its own state of the art subway station...

What a magical day.

No comments: