I bleed baseball... along with films, boardgames, tennis, awards... and so on. So as the new baseball season is upon us, I'm obligated once again to give my 2 cents. And once again, many stories emerged before the season even begins. Can the Red Sox repeat as champions despite their early injuries? Can the Mets come back from last year's disastrous late season collapse? Can the Yankee play a graceful final season at Yankee Stadium despite all the steroids controversies? We'll find out, but until then... here is my outlook.
1. Boston Red Sox (AL East Champions)
2. Detroit Tigers (AL Central Champions)
3. Los Angeles Angels (AL West Champions)
4. New York Yankees (AL Wild Card)
ALDS: Boston over Los Angeles, New York over Detroit
ALCS: Boston over New York
- Joe Girardi will give a new jolt to the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry, but I think Boston will ultimately power over the Yanks.
1. New York Mets (NL East Champions)
2. St. Louis Cardinals (NL Central Champions)
3. Arizona Diamondbacks (NL West Champions)
4. Philadelphia Phillies (NL Wild Card)
NLDS: New York over Arizona, Philadelphia over St. Louis
NLCS: New York over Philadelphia
- The Mets made the best off-season moves. They should handle it easy, if they don't collapse again.
World Series: New York Mets over Boston Red Sox