Saturday, March 22, 2008

My Sex for Passport


Isaac Baichu, an immigration agent, was arrested for requesting oral sex from a female client in exchange for a green card. It angers me to no end and it's something I feel strongly about. Baichu, an immigrant from Guyana, pleads not guilty. I've heard of many corruption tales regarding the immigration process, but most of them concerns monetary gains one way or another. This is another unexplored problem in this country, primarily because the victims has no voice on the matter since most of them do not speak the language. 

I'm glad Baichu is charged with a possible jail sentence. People who take advantage of others in a weaker situation should not be tolerated and be punished- especially in this matter. Thanks to Moni for the article relay. (NYT)

No comments: