Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My Polaroid Extinction


The Kodak Polaroid, a long staple of instant photography, is going to be discontinued at the beginning of next year. I'm personally saddened by this news because I'm one of the few people who shelled out $40 bucks to buy this camera last year. I guess I'm going to have to start stocking up on the film, but I haver competition.

Polaroid cameras are a long staple on film sets. Many aspects of filmmaking prefers using polaroids instead of the digital cameras. From make-up artists to script supervisors (shameful self-nod), from casting directors to wardrobe supervisors, it's much more time efficient then digging through digital slides in midst of the chaotic process of shooting a film, television series and definitely the vicious world of commercials. 

We'll see where it goes, but as of right now, both the photography fanatic and the work aspect of me are not happy with it. (ABCNews)

No comments: