My 10 Reactions To Entertainment Weekly's 100 Greatest Characters of the Last 20 Years:
1. Homer Simpson is #1? He's not even the #1 character of the fictional Simpson family.
2. I suppose the same can be said for Rachel Green (#6) of the 'Friends' cast.
3. I was never a 'Lord of the Rings' fan, but seeing Bridget Jones (#16) ranked 20 spots ahead of Gollum (#36) is embarrassing.
4. Hancock (#91) made the list...
5. Other than Homer, the top ten seems pretty solid. Harry Potter (#2), Buffy (#3), Tony Soprano (#4) and Hannibal Lecter (#8) are all great mentions.
6. Sue Sylvester (#18!) has been around for 22 episodes and she's a greater television character than Brenda Walsh (unranked)- the ultimate high school bitch?
7. This list (and mine, I suppose) is rather ridiculous, but I digress.
8. I suppose I never thought of it that way, but I guess Woody (#25) is Pixar's most iconic figure.
9. I suppose I'm biased, but Effie White (#68) is the only film musical diva? Whoa. At least Elphaba (#79) clocked in. Where's Satine? Velma Kelly? Or... The Phantom!?!
10. I need to stop caring so much about EW's lists. They just get me mad.