Saturday, May 29, 2010

My 100 Greatest Characters of the Last 20 Years


jun042010_1105_1106_lg

1. Homer Simpson is #1? He's not even the #1 character of the fictional Simpson family.
2. I suppose the same can be said for Rachel Green (#6) of the 'Friends' cast.
3. I was never a 'Lord of the Rings' fan, but seeing Bridget Jones (#16) ranked 20 spots ahead of Gollum (#36) is embarrassing.
4. Hancock (#91) made the list...
5. Other than Homer, the top ten seems pretty solid. Harry Potter (#2), Buffy (#3), Tony Soprano (#4) and Hannibal Lecter (#8) are all great mentions.
6. Sue Sylvester (#18!) has been around for 22 episodes and she's a greater television character than Brenda Walsh (unranked)- the ultimate high school bitch?
7. This list (and mine, I suppose) is rather ridiculous, but I digress.
8. I suppose I never thought of it that way, but I guess Woody (#25) is Pixar's most iconic figure.
9. I suppose I'm biased, but Effie White (#68) is the only film musical diva? Whoa. At least Elphaba (#79) clocked in. Where's Satine? Velma Kelly? Or... The Phantom!?!
10. I need to stop caring so much about EW's lists. They just get me mad.

1 comment:

Andrew K. said...

EW is at it again with their nonsense. I think it's a bit of an affront to the entire cast of FRIENDS that Rachel alone makes the list. Ugh, and sorry Galinda wins over Elphaba (I mean, hello, she's "Popular").

And Effie over Satine and Velma and Sweeney and Mrs. Lovett. Utter BS.