In many ways, the longtime rivalry between Evan Lysacek and Johnny Weir is hilarious to me. The two male figure skaters and their war of words continue to escalate this past week when their respective popularity is at an all-time high after the Winter Olympics where Lysacek took home the gold medal. Oh these boys just need to take out their sparkly rulers and get it over with. Here's a brief rundown of the latest episode of what I like to call The War On Ice:
1. The 'Stars on Ice' organization invited Evan but not Johnny for their post-Olympics US tour.
2. Johnny Weir cries foul and reveals the 'Stars on Ice' committee told him he was not 'family friendly' enough.
3. When prompted by The Indianapolis Star about the situation, Evan says "they are very selective about who they pick" and that they "only hire the best to skate."
4. In response, Johnny went on The Wendy Williams Show and calls Evan a "slore", the lethal combination of 'slut' and 'whore', in regards to Evan dumping Johnny's best friend and fellow figure skater Tanith Belbin for US Olympic gymnast Nastia Liukin.
5. Johnny tells People that the two "are at war" and "the claws are out" before telling people not to vote for him on Dancing With The Stars.
6. Evan releases a statement calling Weir "an accomplished and talented skater" and apologizes for the remarks he made during the interview.
Someone should really turn all this into a movie, oh wait- they did.