Monday, March 2, 2009

My 18th Anniversary In America


poster

Exactly 18 years ago to this day, I set my feet on this great nation for the first time. It's kinda weird to think that once upon a time, I didn't speak English, pronounced 'Z' as 'zed' instead of 'zee' and thought calling sweets 'candy' was silly. But here I am, 18 years later and can barely speak Chinese, making fun of the British and think Candy is a hookerish name (obvious irony on that last one for those who know me). It's a tad sad sometimes to see I've steered this far away from who I was but I still thank my parents every chance I get for not only for having the courage to relocate the entire family for that ever underestimated opportunity for me and my engaged sister, but also for relocating me to the greatest city in the world. I love me some America. In fact, I'll take America behind the middle school and make it pregnant. 

No comments: