Monday, March 2, 2009

My 'Beyond The Forest' Outtake


Betty-Davis-Joseph-CottenW

Ever wonder what some Hollywood gods and goddesses are saying in certain candid photos? The Film Experience began a blog challenge asking readers which vintage photos they most want an audio track to. It was almost a no-brainer for me. Besides anything Marlon Brando, this exchange between Joseph Cotten and Bette Davis during some downtime on the set of Beyond The Forest always intrigued me. What could one of my favorite actors of all time and the legendary diva be talking about while basking under the sun? Could it be that Davis threatened to walk out of the film when it was only half completed? Or could it be Cotten's ever complicated relationship with Orson Welles?

1 comment:

NATHANIEL R said...

i really must familiarize myself more with Joseph Cotten's career.