Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Extra Extra Testimonial


t54461066

Being an extra on any film, television, commercial set is rough. I would know, I've worked with them and was one of them once. During this economic downfall, there folks who lost their jobs here in New York who turned to being an extra to earn some additional cash while fulfilling their brush with celebrities. The New York Times has an interesting article about two background artists who are 'taking advantage' of the countless amounts of productions going on in the city. It's fascination to hear that they're not bored or disgruntle about their new $8 per hour gigs that is suppose to help pay for their $1750 per month apartments. Maybe it was just me who doesn't like being underpaid, eating last, treated like I was part of a cattle and never as fun as what RIcky Gervais makes it seem to be.

No comments: