Thursday, March 25, 2010

My Jail Playground


alg_jail_playground1

This could've easily been prevented. A series of "jail-themed" playgrounds in Bedford-Stuyvesant are causing an obvious uproar. After numerous complaints how this is the only neighborhood in New York City with these specifically designed playgrounds, the city finally agreed to do a massive overhaul in removing them in the predominantly African-American neighborhood.

To be honest, I didn't think it was a big deal but this is obviously one of those instances where these playgrounds should've never been built in the first place. Are you kidding me? Why even do something remotely controversial to something as non-trivial as a neighborhood playground? It's simply asking for trouble. I feel like I'm watching another Leslie Knope adventure in an episode of 'Parks and Recreation'. (NYDN)

No comments: