Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Cancelled Flight


ArgentinaAngry_wideweb__470x303,0

Having a sister as a flight attendant obviously has its perks. Cheap first class flights aside, I'm guaranteed countless horror passenger stories whenever I wish- my favourite being the one where her fellow flight attendants had to yank out the lavatory doors to get someone out. 

Despite all the initial fun storytelling, it appears to be a rough job this day and age. On a recent American Airlines (no surprise there) flight, awaiting passengers at the terminal boo-ed a flight crew for arriving late from their previous destination. As a result, the captain and crew retaliated by cancelling the flight citing "hostile enviroment". LOVE it. Sure makes me think twice before complaining vocally in front of a flight attendant. (NYT)

No comments: