I don't know why they keep doing this. Even with the constant rule changes to prevent something like this, it always seem to happen with these Emmy folks. Why do shows like 'Boston Legal' keep getting noticed while shows like 'The Wire', 'Brothers and Sisters', 'Friday Night Lights' and even 'Desperate Housewives', which had a great rebound year, get snubbed? I mean, 'Boston Legal', with the picture above is nominated for best DRAMA series! Anyway, here are a few other things I have an opinion about from this morning's announcement....
- Amy Poehler's groundbreaking nomination in the supporting actress category.
- 'Flight of the Conchords's writing nomination.
- Despite doubts, 'Mad Men' came up big.
- 'Grey's Anatomy' is not nominated for best drama.
- Ashley Jensen's nomination for her better role in 'Extras' oppose to 'Ugly Betty'.
- Movie stars winning the popularity contest. Glenn Close, Sally Field, Kevin Spacey, Ralph Fiennes, Holly Hunter, Tom Wilkinson, Judi Dench, Dianne Wiest, Eileen Atkins, Angelica Huston, Bob Balaban and Robin Williams.... yes, I'm looking at you.
- The supporting actress nominees in the drama category all bother me. Even Rachel Griffiths.
- 'Friday Night Light' mustered only one nomination, for outstanding casting.
- Ryan Seacrest's first nomination. This is going to go straight to his head.
- James Spader is going to win again, isn't he?
Click here to catch all the nominees and see what all the middle aged white men nominated besides 'Two and a Half Men'.