Monday, July 21, 2008

My Movie Critics

After 33 years, Roger Ebert made the decision to part ways with what was 'Siskel & Ebert' and then 'Ebert & Roeper' when Gene Siskel died in 1999. Sidelined the past few years due to health reasons, Ebert will take his trademarked "thumbs up" elsewhere. Richard Roeper is departing from the series as well after 8 years.

It truly is an end of an era. I remember when I was younger, hearing 'Siskel & Ebert' and thinking it was one guy named Siskelan Ebert, only realizing they were the "thumbs up" folks. In terms, I knew of them before my passion for film even developed. One in while, when I happen to catch an episode on the weekend, I always manage to be tuned in to the program until the credits roll.

You guys will be missed. (AP & RogerEbert.com)

No comments: