Saturday, April 10, 2010

My Girly Trailers


As summer blockbuster season starting earlier every year, an onslaught of trailers are released. Here are just a few that caught my attention:


Sex and The City 2: I watched SATC when it was TV the same way I watched 'The Simpsons', not a big fan by any means but I've seen all the episodes nonetheless. It's easy and fun. After the success of the first film, it was a no-brainer that a sequel was to come. I've always preferred Aiden over Mr. Big so John Corbett's appearance in this one will certainly hold me over from the dizzying desert scenes. ".. But with cocktails." Cute.


The Kids Are All Right: Enter this year's quirky, lighthearted independent film with prestige. I absolutely adore all the actors involved, everyone from Julianne Moore (slowly climbing my charts) to Josh Hutcherson ('Little Manhattan' is the best romcom set in NY last decade). Judging from the trailer, it seems like everyone is having a blast and I can't wait to join in on their fun as a "unconventional family".


Killers: Oh Katherine Heigl. How you annoy me. Since her cinematic breakout turn in 'Knocked Up', every romantic comedy Heigl's been, I found myself caring more about her male counterpart. James Marsden, Gerard Butler and even in this trailer, Ashton Kutcher. I mean, Ashton Kutcher! What's going on!?! Between this and 'Valentine's Day', can my opinion on the Punk'd one really be turning? Anyway, this film looks like 'Mr. and Mrs. Smith'-lite.


The Greatest: I love family dramas and this screams 'Ordinary People'. That along with my infatuation with Carey Mulligan should drive me to me catch this tearjerker.

No comments: