Thursday, April 1, 2010

My 2010 Baseball Predictions


image_php_453093

Ah. It's that time again. Spring training is almost over and another long baseball season is about to start. So of course, that means I'll be making my season predictions. I got 6 out of the 8 playoff teams correct last season and missing the eventual champions. As usual, so many questions are going to be answered in six months. Will the Mets have another colossal collapse? Will the Angels continue to run the table in the weak AL West division? And of course, can the Yankees repeat as championship or the will be Red Sox's off season moves be enough? Here we go.

American League:
1. New York Yankees (AL East Champions)
2. Los Angeles Angels (AL West Champions)
3. Detroit Tigers (AL Central Champions)
4. Boston Red Sox (AL Wild Card)

ALDS: Yankees over Tigers, Angels over Red Sox
ALCS: Angels over Yankees

The biggest question mark for me is the AL Central. Which scrappy team will have enough to make it to the division series just to lose in the first round? Since the Twin's Joe Nathan is gone for the season, I'm going to go with the Tigers.

National League:
1. Los Angeles Dodgers (NL West)
2. St. Louis Cardinals (NL Central)
3. Philadelphia Phillies (NL East)
4. Atlanta Braves (NL Wild Card)

NLDS: Dodgers over Braves, Phillies over Cardinals
NLCS: Phillies over Dodgers

I have the Phillies going to their third straight World Series. And in a surprise move, I think the Braves will return to the postseason courtesy of the Mets imploding again late in the game. Dodgers and Cardinals should be shoo-ins by June.

World Series: Phillies over Angels

For the second straight year, I'm going to predict the Phillies as the eventual champions. On paper, this team seems very strong and after taking a beating in a tough NL East, I think they should coast in October.

No comments: